Translate

Sunday, March 17, 2013

A Beautiful Birthday.

I recently had a birthday celebration and it was such an amazing time. At one point I was completely overwhelmed by the outpouring of love I was getting from my guests and really just had to sit down to take it all in. I decided to try my hand at a poem to describe the moment, even though my poetry skills are super elementary. No making fun of my needing to end every line with a rhyme! Hey, that rhymed too! Anyway, here it is:




I felt so completely surrounded by people who love me.
I had to sit down so I could really see.
For a moment I just wanted to flee.
But then I thought, ghee,
This ‘me’ is really ‘we’.
I’m surrounded by glee.
I really am free.
I felt as big as a tree.
Not as small as a pea,
Although I did need to pee.
But here I could just be.
I could flow like the sea,
That was really key.
Instead of one, I was like three.
I was so on a spree.
There was no plea,
It was perfect to a tee.
Happy birthday, said she.
I love you, said he.
I could really see,
It was as perfect as a cup of tea.




Thank you all for making my birthday feel so special!
***
Sincerely, Ella

No comments:

Post a Comment